Through August 12th, check out these deals on Kindle for Kids Bundles, which comes with the latest Kindle, 2-Year Accident Protection and a Kid-Friendly Cover Starting at $79 Shipped (Retail $138.98)!
The Novice: Kindle ($59) Smart, light and portable, the Kindle is great for anyone who's new to e-reading, including a 20% faster processor, twice the storage a touch interface and weeks of battery life. This Kindle also includes enhanced reading features such as instant dictionary look-up, adjustable font sizes, and X-Ray, which lets readers quickly look up character information and more. Not to mention, Kindle is lightweight and easy to hold in one hand – perfect for kids' smaller hands. The Kindle for Kids bundle, which comes with the latest Kindle, 2-Year Accident Protection and a kid-friendly cover is only $79.
The Bookworm: Kindle Paperwhite ($119) With twice as many pixels as the previous generation, the all-new Kindle Paperwhite has an improved high-resolution 300 ppi display for crisp, laser quality text. The all-new Kindle Paperwhite now offers Bookerly, an exclusive font for reading on digital screens faster and with less eyestrain and a new typesetting engine for more beautiful pages.
The Connected Family: Fire HD (6" for $99 and 7" for $139) With five fun colors and two portable sizes, Amazon's Fire HD tablets have the world's best content ecosystem with access to over 33 million movies, TV shows, books, apps and games. Each tablet features front and rear cameras, Dolby Digital Audio and high-definition displays for crisp, vivid viewing. Parents will also love the Amazon FreeTime app which allows them to choose what content their children have access to, as well as set daily limits and restrict categories such as games and video, while leaving unlimited time for reading. With the summer break coming to an end, parents need all the help they can get to bring studying back into their children's daily routine — Amazon FreeTime can help.
Best for Kids: Fire HD Kids Edition (6" for $149 and 7" for $189) Fire HD Kids Edition comes with a two-year worry free guarantee so if anything happens, return the device to us and Amazon will replace the device for free – no questions asked. And this isn't a toy – it's a full-fledged tablet featuring a quad-core processor, vivid high-definition display and more. It also comes with one year of FreeTime Unlimited and a kid-proof case for extra protection. Kids get unlimited access to more than 5,000 books, movies, TV shows, educational apps and games. And, with the free Amazon FreeTime app, parents have a simple way to manage how kids use their devices with the ability to set educational goals and set screen time limits by content type.
Student-Friendly Amazon Device Features:
• Lighten Backpacks – students can download thousands of books onto their Kindle, Fire tablet, or Kindle Reading App (available on Android, iOS)
• Learn First – with the free FreeTime app on Fire tablets, parents can block access to entertainment content, such as games and cartoons until after educational goals are met
• Earn Badges – the FreeTime app rewards students with badges for their time spent reading - motivating and challenging them to hit the books
• Take Notes – Highlight passages within a book to easily come back to for that book report; see passages frequently highlighted by other Kindle readers so you know you're not missing an important quote or passage
• Vocabulary Builder – with features like Vocabulary Builder, which compiles all the words a reader looks up into an easy-to-access list. Students can use these to study from later and quiz themselves with flashcard
• Word Wise –provides short and simple definitions above difficult words as they're reading so kids don't lose their momentum
• Smart Lookup – Kindle e-readers and Fire tablets integrate entries from The New Oxford American Dictionary with information from X–Ray and Wikipedia, so you can access definitions and character information as you go
• Time to Read – Students with assigned reading can know how long it will take them to finish a chapter or the rest of the book – this feature is personalized based on your reading speed. Perfect for those nights when the homework is stacking up
• Household Profiles - allows you to share your Fire tablet with one additional adult and up to four children - each member of the family can adjust their settings based on personal preferences and content
• 5+5 = TenMarks – with educational apps like TenMarks available on Fire tablets, students can brush up on math skills anywhere, no classroom needed. More information here.
• Kindle Owners Lending Library – with Amazon Prime, Kindle owners can choose from more than 800,000 books to borrow for free with no due dates, including current and former best sellers, and classics typically found on students' reading lists